I’ve been meaning to blog our Greece trip for a year! Last June my cousin and I randomly decided to go explore a part of Europe. We both have never been to Greece and we thought it would be the perfect spot!
When deciding on the destination we both wanted to go somewhere where it was beautiful and historic but not a destination where our itinerary would have been filled with too many things to do and see. We also didn’t want it to be too lazy of a trip like an all-inclusive. Greece is the perfect balance of both! Most nights we ended with cocktails at sunset. We broke the trip up and visited a few spots; Mykonos, Santorini, Paros, and ended in Athens.
I never take my camera out because it’s always so hectic with kids and dragging that thing around is exhausting but this time I was determined to document this beautiful country and I’m so happy I did.
At night Mykonos definitely comes to life and it’s quite the party scene. Lots of beautiful nooks and crannies to explore and around every corner is a colourful door and a cute Mykonos cat! ha
We spoiled ourselves and stayed at the beautiful Absolut Mykonos Hotel. Just loved this modern little hotel with the most incredible views. It was a 15min walk to the “city centre”.
We spent 3 nights in Mykonos and it was the perfect amount of time. Monika and I never felt rushed and we were super happy with the time frame we allocated to each island. Our first day we did a half-day tour to Delos which was great as it gave us something different to do.
Here is some random tidbits of info:
- Be forewarned that smoking is everywhere. I’m not use to it so it was a little much for me at times.
- Start of June is perfect time to go. It’s right before busy season. It was still very much busy so anything more than we experienced would have been way too crowded for me!
- Locals eat late so if you don’t want to stand out as a tourist don’t have dinner any earlier than 10pm haha
- Mykonos is full of cute little stray cats (check out the photos for proof)
- You’ll see lots of souvenirs with an eye ball. It just means good luck
- Keep an eye out for the local Pelican, Petros, that wonders the streets! He’s the mascot of Mykonos.
- Average cost of a glass of wine 8 EURO, $12-16 for cocktails
Stay tuned for more blog posts from Santorini and Paros!
Delos is a Greek island and archaeological near Mykonos. The mythological birthplace of Apollo, it was a major religious center and port. The ruins encompass temples, markets, an amphitheater, and houses with mosaics. ALSO, it’s hot as hell with no shade! Bring lots of water and sunscreen!